- Brand Name: Accutane;
- Active Ingredient: Isotretinoin;
- Manufacturer: Roche.
Active substance Isotretinoin
Isotretinoin is the main active ingredient of Accutane tablets. It treats acne by reducing sebum production and slowing down cell division of sebaceous glands.
In case of increased reproduction of these cells, sebaceous glands get clogged. As a result, the evacuation of sebum is disrupted. An infectious process begins within the glands, and acne develops.
- Isotretinoin not only helps to reduce the production of sebum, but also changes its structure. Sebum gets softer and is easily removed from the gland ducts.
- Thanks to the improvement of the sebum flow, the inflammatory process on the skin reduces. Usually, the process is a result of the active reproduction of bacteria in the clogged ducts.
- Regenerative processes in the dermis improve. This allows to quickly restore the skin after inflammatory processes while reducing the risk of scarring.
Indications for use
Severe forms of acne that do not respond to conventional cosmetic skin care products are the following:
- Acne conglobata;
- Nodular and cystic acne;
- Acne with a risk of cyst formation;
Accutane is also used to reduce the likelihood of scarring after acne, remove dark spots and improve skin texture for account of skin regeneration.
Treatment regimens and dosages
Accutane is available online in oral tablets: 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg and 40 mg.
Tablets/capsules are taken during meals 2 times a day. A daily dose is divided into 2 parts to reduce the risk of side effects from the part of the gastrointestinal tract. A dose is selected individually. It depends on the severity of the disease and the patient’s health condition, contraindications and body weight.
- Treatment is started with a minimum dose of 0.4-0.5 mg per 1 kg of body weight per day (if the body weight is 80 kg, the daily dose is 40 mg, which is 1 tablet of Accutane 20 mg twice a day).
- The dose is gradually increased up to 2 mg/kg of body weight in case of damage to the back, neck and chest, or severe course of the disease (if the body weight is 60 kg, the daily dose is 120 mg). In this case, a daily dose can be divided into 3 equal parts, which is 1 tablet of Accutane 40 mg 3 times a day, with an interval of 8 hours.
There is no sense in taking more than 2 mg per 1 kg of body weight. This is the maximum safe dose that does not cause severe side effects and provides the maximum result.
Recommendations for use
- Treatment lasts at least 12 weeks.
- The optimal period for using Accutane is 24 weeks. If the overall clinical picture has improved by more than 80% during this period, treatment is stopped.
- If the results do not satisfy the doctor or the patient after 24 weeks, the treatment is continued. The second treatment course is started after a certain period of time. The period is at least 3 months.
- The drugs must be taken with plenty of water.
- While taking the pills, you should limit exposure to sunlight and ultraviolet rays. Use a cream with a high sun protection factor (at least SPF 30).
During the day, it is important to follow the prescribed treatment and dosage regimens. If you forget to take a daily dose, continue the regimen without making up for the missed dose by increasing the amount of Accutane in the following days.
This drug is not prescribed to patients with severe liver disorders. The use of Accutane increases the load on the liver, which may cause complications.
Also, you should not take Accutane, if you suffer from:
- Hypervitaminosis A;
- A significant increase in blood sugar levels;
- Lipid metabolism disorders.
Accutane is prescribed to persons over 12 years of age.
Use of Accutane during pregnancy
It is strictly contraindicated to use Accutane during pregnancy. It has a teratogenic effect and can cause congenital malformations in the fetus. Also, you should not take the drug, if you are breastfeeding.
Possible side effects
Despite its high effectiveness, the use of Isotretinoin may be limited by the range of possible side effects. According to clinical studies, the use of Accutane can cause the following side effects:
- Inflammatory bowel disease;
- Dry skin, dermatitis;
- Symptoms of depression.
Allergic skin reactions such as redness and itching are possible. In case of these allergic reactions, regardless of their localization and severity, you should consult with a doctor.
Isotretinoin: interaction with other drugs
- Isotretinoin may decrease the effect of oral hormonal contraceptives;
- When taken with tetracyclines, Accutane increases the side effects of antibiotics, in particular, increased intracranial pressure.
- During the treatment with Isotretinoin, do not use alcohol-containing drugs or alcohol.
Store Accutane in a dry, dark place at a temperature not exceeding 20°С out of the reach of children.
Buy Accutane with delivery within Europe
If you want to buy Accutane at a low price, you can place an order at our online pharmacy. You will get a high-quality service, qualified consultation from medical experts, original Accutane and fast delivery to any country of Europe.
The specific of our service is that we supply only original Accutane online from the manufacturer. The storehouses in Europe and an established logistics system ensure prompt delivery to any city within the EU.
You can buy Accutane without a prescription, provided that you are over 18 years old. But we do not recommend to use the drug without consulting a specialist, as improper use of the pills can harm your body.